Sports Injuries From Our Chiropractor in Gresham, OR
Athletes can benefit tremendously from chiropractic care. Just about every professional sports team now has chiropractors on staff. Many of the top athletes playing today credit chiropractic care with fast musculoskeletal recovery, resistance to future injury and success in their sport.
Benefits of Sports Injuries
However, non-professional athletes and fitness enthusiasts are also singing the praises of the effects of this healing system. Chiropractic care brings a range of benefits to athletes and active persons. They include:
- Pain Relief. Athletes appreciate that chiropractic care brings safe, non-invasive, drug-free pain relief. This often takes effect after the first session and applies to both acute and chronic pain.
- Treats Injury Source. While chiropractic care does help with treating and reducing symptoms, the main goal and focus are to address the sports injury at its root. This means faster, more efficient healing is possible.
- Corrects Imbalances. Imbalances in the musculoskeletal system structure often set the stage for sports injuries. When there are inherent weaknesses due to misalignment or subluxation, there is a much higher risk of injury. The balancing effect of chiropractic care reduces the risk of sports injury in the future.
Common Types of Injuries
Some of the most common sports injury types treated by your Gresham chiropractor include:
- Soft Tissue Injuries
- Shoulder Injuries
- Sprains and Strains
- Runner's Knee
Types of Treatment
Some of the most common techniques and therapies used to treat sports injuries include:
- The Graston Technique - The Graston Technique is a form of manual therapy known as soft-tissue instrument-assisted mobilization. It is one of the most widely-used manual therapy techniques, employing instruments and specialized massage to gently scrape the surface. This helps your Gresham chiropractor to identify areas of restriction and break up scar tissue.
- Kinesio Taping - Kinesio Taping is rehabilitative taping that assists in the body’s natural healing processes. It brings stability and support to injured joints and muscles while still allowing full range of motion.
- Active Release Technique (ART) - ART is an innovative soft tissue movement and massage system that can help to resolve a range of issues with the muscles, ligaments, tendons, nerves and fascia (connective tissue.)
Trust Your Gresham Chiropractor For Sports Injury Pain Relief and Rehabilitation
Your Gresham chiropractor Aspire Chiropractic & Massage has extensive experience and focused training in sports chiropractic medicine. As a designated sports chiropractor, we have an in-depth understanding of biomechanics and how all of the body’s moving parts work together.
We will work to optimize your musculoskeletal system so that performance can be enhanced and the chances of injury reduced. Ongoing chiropractic sessions can help with optimizing your system and strengthening your core and joints so that you can keep taking performance to higher and higher levels. Call us today to set up your sports chiropractic appointment.